Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birthday fun at the Jersey Shore


My birthday is today and I'm so lucky to spend time with my loved ones on the special day.  Since this is our off season - we were able to take the day off to enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!  

My mom stayed over our place in Manasquan the night before following the move to our new location in Ocean City.  We got the day started right with plans for breakfast.  We initially intended to try the Breakers in Spring Lake.  They are unfortunately closed during the week in the winter so we had to come up with something.  

I quickly remembered Toast in Asbury Park. I've been wanting to try this for some time.  My favorite meal of the day is breakfast so I dont mess around when it comes to a good menu.  Toast did not disappoint.         The restaurant is decorated very nicely and was pretty busy for a Thursday am.  I was impressed with several items on the menu including the Red Velvet Pancakes and the  Root Beer Pancakes special.  Really?!  How cool is that?  My "one year older" boring self got the California Scramble with Sour Dough toast.  It was delish. The grape tomatoes and the yummy potatoes made the dish.  My mom was equally happy with her meal.  She suggested checking out the bathrooms.  I didnt go in so I dont know what I'm missing but she thought they were cute.
I will definitely be back at Toast soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment