Friday, September 27, 2013

Being a preteen on vacation at the jersey shore

I had a nice conversation with the gals at Sweet Tease coffee shop yesterday in Manasquan. Somehow we got on the conversation about being a preteen on vacation with our families at the shore. 

I can still remember how much I wish I had a crew of friends like the kids in Ocean City and Stone Harbor. They would hang out in packs having a great time on the boardwalk or in the center of town. As for me, my folks didn't want me to separate from the fam group so it was me and the fam walking by the cool kids.  I did try to look cool but not sure why that mattered. 

Now I'm happy to at least have some of the cool hs kids working for relax... Guess that's as cool as I get. 

Hope all those preteens and early teens had a great time on their jersey shore vacation this summer.

Here are some vacationer tips for you guys:
Bring a friend (if u r lucky enough to have room in the car)
Rock the family thing. Be proud of your family and do funny things: have a pizza or ice cream taste test  at all the boardwalk places
Get everyone zany inexpensive Oc Tshirts and rock it
Do a skee ball marathon
Coordinate a downtown or boardwalk scavenger hunt for the family and Instagram it. 
Enjoy the day time. I had more fun doing things like biking or water sports than just walking around. 

Someday you will look back on your vacation and will miss those days.




No comments:

Post a Comment